Friday 27 May 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes

I hate rainy days. Rainy days make me want to bake, so that's exactly what i did today. I recently found this recipe for chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes that i thought looked pretty interesting and easy enough to make, so I decided to try it out. They were not the the best cupcakes EVER as the recipe claims they are haha, but they were still really, really good! The recipe was very easy to follow. I made the cookie dough portion of the cupcake exactly as was instructed, but for the second part that uses cake mix, I followed the directions on the cake mix box instead of the recipe's version. The only thing that bothers me about this recipe is having to wait for the cookie dough to freeze, which as the recipe states, takes about two hours. It was all worth it however, as the cupcakes turned out great! I'm pretty sure I left them in the oven for too long though. The bake time on the recipe says 20 minutes, which seemed pretty low, so i added 3 minutes. Other reviews on the site mentioned the cookie dough part being gooey. Mine was not gooey, but it was still very soft and had a different texture than the cupcake part which was nice. I will definitely try making these again without the 3 minutes of extra baking time to see if they will turn out even better!

Here's a picture of my final product...

Cookie dough IN my cupcake? Yes please!

9 comments:

  1. Those look friggin delicious, if we had the ingredients around my house I'd definitely try and make them :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god that looks so incredibly good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yumm! :) they look damn good

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want some cookie dough now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds very good, it made me hungry reading that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww cookei dough and cupcakes mmmMMMMM lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious! I might have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete